The President of the Ghana Institute of Planners, Mr. Alfred Kwasi Opoku, has inaugurated the Editorial Board of the Journal of the Ghana Institute of Planners (GIP). The journal, to be known as “The Planning and Development Review”, is aimed at extending knowledge, improving practice and facilitating communication in the field of planning and other related areas in Ghana and Africa as a whole.
L-R Mr. Benedict Arkhurst (MGIP), Mr. Yaw Britwum Opoku (Secretary), Dr. Bettie Solomon –Aryee (Chairman), Mr. Alfred Kwasi Opoku (President of GIP) and Mr. Ebenezer Ntsiful (Administrative Secretary of GIP).
The Board was represented by its Chairman, Dr. Bettie Solomon -Aryee and Mr. Yaw Britwum Opoku (Secretary). Dr. Bettie Solomon-Ayeh is the Head of the Structures, Architectural Design and Planning Department of the Building and Road Research Institute (BRRI). She has publications in several Journals and presented papers at conferences both local and international. During the inauguration, the chairman promised to work with her Board members to ensure that the Journal to be produced will be recognised internationally. The distinguished Editorial Board members are:
- Dr. Bettie Solomon-Ayeh, Building and Road Research Institute, Ghana;
- Nana Oforiwaa Koranteng, Canada Program Support Unit, Ghana;
- Prof. Imoro Braimah, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana;
- Prof. Daniel Inkoom, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana;
- Dr. Patrick Brandful, Charles Sturt University, Australia;
- Dr. Kwadwo Ohene Sarfoh, Prime-Stat SVC Ltd, Ghana; and
- Mr.Yaw Britwum Opoku, Solidaridad West Africa, Ghana.
The Board welcomes submissions, not only from established areas of research, but also from new and emerging planning fields such as waste management planning, physical and urban planning, economic and regional planning, social and policy planning, transportation planning, environmental planning, among others.