Ghana Institute of Planners (GIP) provides a wide range of quality services to both members and the general public.
Per its constitution, GIP  promotes and safeguards professional planning practice and policy and  sets and maintains professional planning standards and qualifications. Deriving from these obligations are the following services that are provided to GIP members.
i. Continuous professional development training programmes
ii. Provision of letters of recommendation
iii. Provision of certified copies of certificates and related accessories
The General Public (public and private):
Consulting Services – GIP has a track record of delivering high quality planning services to the general public. It carries out such assignments through strategic partnerships with other private planning-related organizations.
Currently, GIP’s areas of service delivery include:
- Urban planning & design
- Regional spatial planning,
- District development planning
- Street addressing
- Infrastructure planning
- Waste management planning
- Environmental planning
- Baseline surveys for development planning
- Project appraisal
- Project site acquisition and documentation
- Training in fields such as policy planning, spatial planning and GIS applications in planning
- Organization of forums on planning and development
- General advisory services on planning